Community Post: 16 Songs Playing On Edward Snowden’s iPod
1. “Men In Black” — Will Smith
This saga that is Edward Snowden began at the NSA…
2. “The Call” — Backstreet Boys
…and it all started with a call. Well, a phone. Uhh, well, I guess every phone in the United States.
3. “I Knew You Were Trouble” — Taylor Swift
Oh, hell yeah he’s trouble. Kinda hard to deny that at this point.
4. “There It Go (The Whistle Song)” — Juelz Santana
And, as we are all aware, he blew a whistle — now, “here it go” as Juelz would say.
5. “Whistle” — Flo Rida
But seriously. This is no sexual innuendo, Flo Rida. He blew a much more significant whistle.
6. “Wait (The Whistle Song)” — Ying Yang Twins
…but really, this dude is a WHISTLEBLOWER. Like, Mark Felt “Deep Throat” style. Being sought out for espionage. This is a big deal America, arguably a bigger deal than this hit Ying Yang Twins single.
7. “Runnin’ (Dying to Live)” — Tupac Featuring Notorious B.I.G.
Annnnnd in return, shit is beginning to go down. So, off to Hong Kong, and Russia, and Ecuador’s London Embassy…
8. “Leaving On A Jet Plane” — John Denver
…as he was chuckin’ up the deuces to America
9. “Spies Like Us” — Paul McCartney
I guess he figured this is probably fitting on his entrance into London (…if that’s even where he is)
10. “On The Run” — Pink Floyd
And he could still be running. Honestly, it’s plausible that he could be on The Dark Side of the Moon.
11. “Where Are You Going” — Dave Matthews Band
In fact, he’s definitely still running. And HE probably isn’t even sure where he is — probably haphazardly jumping into the cargo holds of 757s.
12. “The Great Escape” — Boys Like Girls
So while this may be considered a “great escape”…
13. “Not Gonna Get Us” — T.A.T.U.
…and while you may think you’re in the clear…
14. “Come and Get It” — Selena Gomez
…and though you MAY be taunting your home country in a “na na na na” fashion…
15. “I’m Gonna Getcha Good” — Shania Twain
…Shania doesn’t lie, bro. For better or for worse, we’re probably going to get you. And then bring you right back to the US of A.
16. “Party in the U.S.A.” — Miley Cyrus
And, in conclusion, we’ll probably have a big ol’ American party while the court figures all of this whistle-blowing out.
Enjoy the playlist!